Positions Held: Project Planner and GIS Specialist
Main Project features:
Planning and Surveying of Selected informal human settlements on behalf of the Government of Kenya through the World bank funded Kenya Informal Settlements Improvements Project (KISIP). Project aims to facilitate the improvement of living conditions in selected informal settlements through security of tenure and municipal infrastructure development. It involved socio-economic surveys and physical mapping of the settlements and undertake Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and preparation of Resettlement Action Plans.
1. Analyze data obtained from desk study, the baseline survey, base maps, socio-economic and physical mapping survey and prepare analysis reports that will support proposals in layout Plans,
2. Assist in Community mobilization and sensitization for stakeholder engagement,
3. Assist in Sensitising the communities in Informal Settlements on the project and in particular the planning process and land tenure regularization,
4. Guide the identification and preparation of base maps of the selected Informal Settlements,
5. Guide team of Socio-economists and GIS Specialist on tasks to enrich the Planning and Surveying of the selected Informal Settlements,
6. Assist in Community mobilization and sensitization for stakeholder engagement,
7. Guide preparation of spatial Concepts, Spatial plan and plan proposal implementation strategies utilised in preparing the required Local Physical Development Plans (LPDPs) for the selected Informal Settlements and Participation in meetings with individual stakeholders and the client organisation.